Frequently asked questions
If you have questions, our Houston car accident attorneys have answers!
We strive to be an educational resource for Houston drivers, even if they don’t end up hiring us. Knowledge is power, and we want to empower every driver to keep Houston’s roads safe.
Below you’ll find frequently asked questions about hiring a car accident lawyer, filing a car accident insurance claim, obtaining settlement money, and much more.
If you were hurt in a Houston car accident and don’t know where to turn, we’re here for you. Don’t suffer a second longer. Take action now and seek the compensation you deserve.
Some error has occured.
Why should I hire a car accident attorney?
“Do I really need a lawyer?” It’s a question we hear a lot, and we understand the hesitation. Many people believe hiring a lawyer will be expensive and complicated, but this couldn’t be further from the truth! A Houston car accident attorney can provide invaluable assistance when you need it most.
We can help in the following ways:
- Determining liability in an accident
- Calculating the value of your claim
- Preparing and filing all paperwork for your claim
- Collecting and presenting evidence to proving your damages
- Connecting you to the medical treatment you need
- Communicating and negotiating with insurance adjusters
- Fighting for the settlement offer you deserve
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
When should I hire a car accident attorney in Houston?
ASAP! The sooner you contact us after your accident, the quicker we can get you on the road to recovery. If you wait too long, important evidence could be lost in the shuffle and your injuries could worsen without treatment.
Car accident claims can be surprisingly complicated, and many injured victims end up with less than they deserve because their claim wasn’t handled properly. When you’ve been hurt in an accident, you need someone who not only knows your rights, but protects them too. You deserve the support of an experienced injury law firm, every step of the way.
How much does a Houston car accident attorney cost?
Nothing. That’s right, there is no upfront cost. Most personal injury attorneys – including everyone at our firm – work on a contingency fee basis. This means they do not charge their clients upfront. Instead, they collect their fee from a percentage of your final settlement award when your case is resolved. They do not get paid at all until you do!
What types of cases do you take?
If you or someone you love has been injured in any type of accident, you need legal representation and advice. Our Houston car accident attorneys have decades of experience handling a variety of different case types.
Here’s a list of the most common cases we take:
How does a car insurance claim work?
With a lawyer on your side, you can expect your car accident insurance claim to go through the following stages:
- Evidence collection to build your case.
- Filing the claim with the insurance company.
- Communicating with adjusters about your losses.
- Settlement offers from the insurance company.
- Negotiation for an acceptable settlement amount. (Most cases settle out of court, but if they don’t, we go into litigation and fight for you in the courtroom.)
- Compensation – also known as, money in your pocket! Your lawyer will collect their fee from a portion of the settlement award when the case is over.
How much money can I get from a car insurance claim?
Every case is unique. The amount of money you can expect to receive in a car accident insurance claim settlement largely depends on the severity of your injuries.
Your lawyer will strengthen your case by collecting all available evidence to prove how the accident impacted your livelihood.
I Need A Houston Car Accident Attorney - What Now?
Contact our Houston car accident lawyers for a 100% free, zero-obligation case evaluation.
One car accident can change your life – but so can one victory with us.
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION