Nationally Recognized Houston Car Accident Lawyers
Helping Houstonians Seek the Justice They Deserve
No one ever anticipates they’ll become a car accident victim, but with over 60,000 car accidents happening in Houston every year, that day may come.
When it does, you need guidance you can count on. You need answers and results.
Our top-rated Houston car accident lawyers are ready to fight for you.
For over 20 years, we have provided accident survivors and their families with tireless, aggressive advocacy. When Houston insurance companies play dirty, we strike back. We fuel our exceptional representation with client-focused service and compassion, resulting in a record of successes we’re proud of.
Let our next victory be yours.
Still unsure? Read on to discover why a Houston car accident attorney is the ally you need. If you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!
Consultations are 100% FREE
If you’re unable to visit our offices for a case evaluation, we can come to your home, the hospital, or any location convenient for you.
Some error has occured.
What To Do After a Car Accident
First of all, breathe. You’re still in one piece, and that’s what matters. We know a car accident is a scary thing, especially on the busy streets of Houston, and we’re here to help you deal with what comes next.
6 important steps to follow if you’ve just been in a car wreck:
- Move to safety: If you’re able to, exit your vehicle and shelter somewhere safely out of the path of traffic until the authorities arrive.
- Dial 911: Even if it seems like no one needs to take an ambulance ride, police need to survey the scene so they can create a crash report. This report will be important when you file your car accident claim later.
- Collect details: This means insurance, identification, plate numbers, and phone numbers from anyone involved in the accident and any surrounding witnesses.
- Document the damage: Use your phone to snap photos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any damage done to your vehicle.
- Look up a lawyer: Make your life a lot easier by avoiding the insurance agency’s calls until you’ve had a lawyer review your damages. Why? Because without proper legal counsel, you risk being manipulated and taken advantage of. A car accident lawyer will make sure you know your rights – and protect them.
- Visit your doctor or an urgent care center: Seek medical treatment as soon as you can. Even if you feel fine, you need to be assessed by a medical professional. Thanks to the rush of adrenaline our bodies experience after a car crash, many serious injuries go unnoticed until it’s too late. If you’re afraid you can’t afford medical care, a lawyer may be able to connect you to the resources you need and schedule appointments at no upfront cost.
When it comes to building a strong car accident case, every second counts. So why wait? Contact an experienced Houston car accident attorney today to ensure you get the money you deserve.
Do I Really Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident in Houston?
If you were injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, yes, you need an attorney. Without a Houston car accident injury lawyer, you’re defenseless against the manipulative tactics of insurance companies. Don’t let sneaky insurance adjusters take advantage of you. You don’t know how much money you are truly entitled to – and it’s our job to find out!
Ready to file your claim? Our Houston truck accident attorneys can help! We’re ready to:
- Clearly explain your rights and options
- Identify who is at fault for your car crash
- Collect, review, and present all essential evidence for your case
- Negotiate with tricky insurance companies on your behalf
- Represent you in the courtroom and fight for what you deserve
- Steer you through every phase of your case, until you’ve got a resolution worth celebrating
Just one call or email can make all the difference during this stressful time.
What Causes a Car Accident?
- Distracted driving. While it may sound vague, the rationale is simple: anything that takes your eyes off the road or your hands off the wheel could lead to deadly results.
- Driving under the influence. Drugs and alcohol are a major contributor to car accidents.
- Speeding. When a driver is speeding, they have less time to notice road hazards or other drivers or pedestrians in their path. They also have less time to brake, and turns are more difficult to handle
- Defective auto parts. Common faulty auto parts may include defective airbags, defective tires, defective seat belts, defective gas tanks, sticking pedals or controls, leaky fuel systems, and more. Often, faulty auto parts will be recalled by manufacturers. However, if they aren’t recalled and they cause you to get into an accident, you may be able to file a claim and hold the manufacturing company liable.
How Can I Prevent a Car Accident?
- Obey speed limits and other laws. They’re there for a reason! The faster your vehicle is traveling, the more time it will need in order to come to a complete stop. In car accidents, this window of reaction time is crucial. Your speed could be the difference between life and death.
- Keep up with routine maintenance. Don’t neglect your annual car inspection or routine oil changes. These habits allow mechanics to catch your problems before they start – or before they wreak havoc on the roads of Houston. Don’t forget about tire care either. A blowout on the highway could be disastrous. Rotate your tires routinely (Michelin recommends every six months), and replace them when their tread is too worn.
- Buckle up. Sometimes, even the safest drivers find themselves in an accident. One thing you can still mitigate is the severity of the injuries you suffer. Wearing a seat belt increases your chance of surviving a crash by 45%. In pickup trucks, that number jumps to 60%, as trucks are twice as likely as cars to roll over during a crash.
Houston, Texas Has a Traffic Problem
Does Does My Accident Qualify for a Houston Car Accident Attorney?
Houston car accident lawyers handle many different types of cases. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, don’t suffer any longer. Connect with the legal representation and advice you need.
With so many accidents happening on our busy roads every day, we’ve seen it all. Our team of Houston car crash attorneys will do our best to handle whatever your case entails.
When Should I Hire A Car Accident Lawyer in Houston?
ASAP. The sooner you reach out to our team of Houston car crash attorneys after your accident, the sooner we will be able to get you on the road to recovery.
If you wait too long to file your claim, valuable evidence may be lost.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain, and our client-focused approach ensures you can expect excellent service, compassion, and respect at all times. You can save time and stop stressing, knowing we’ve got your back.
How Much Does a Houston Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
It’s a common misconception that lawyers are expensive or complicated. On the contrary, car accident lawyers can streamline the stressful process of filing an insurance claim, and we collect no payment up front. Instead, we collect a contingent fee only if we win your case.
Your goals are our goals, and your victory is our victory.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim for an Auto Accident in Texas?
Victims seeking compensation after a car accident are subject to a time limit, also known as a “statute of limitations.” This time limit varies from state to state. The Texas statute of limitations is two years from the date of your accident. If you do not file your car accident claim before then, you may lose all opportunities for compensation.
Two years may sound like a long time, but don’t procrastinate. In order to maximize your settlement, we will need time to collect evidence and build a strong case.
A Houston car accident attorney can also connect you to local medical treatment and physical therapy you may need in the meantime.
What Happens if the Other Driver is Uninsured?
If a state has no-fault laws, each driver’s insurance covers their injuries or damages, no matter who is at fault. If they do not have insurance, they pay for their own damages out of pocket.
Texas is a fault state, however. The person who will pay for car accident damages is the person who caused the crash. If you were harmed by someone’s carelessness, you are entitled to sue them for compensation.
(Friendly reminder: most insurance policies give you the option to add uninsured or under-insured motorist coverage for an additional cost.)
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
When it comes to car accidents, serious injuries come with the territory. Below are some of the most common injuries you may suffer in a car accident:
- Back Injuries and Neck Injuries. Strained muscles or herniated, bulging, or slipped discs are common car accident injuries. You may not notice the pain right away, but their effects can be long-lasting. If you don’t receive proper treatment, your mobility could be limited for the rest of your life. You may be unable to do physical labor or even pick up your child. Always communicate your pain clearly with your Houston car accident lawyer to get connected to the physical therapy or surgery you may need.
- Arm and Leg Injuries. Our position when driving – seated, with hands on the wheel – makes our wrists and knees especially vulnerable, even in minor car accidents. Some knee injuries like a torn meniscus or ACL may require surgery. Other arm and leg injuries can affect your mobility or interfere with your job.
- Brain Injuries. While some people dismiss “whiplash” as a common occurrence in fender benders, it can result in serious brain injuries. When your head jolts forward, your brain may shake or strike your skull. This can cause lasting behavioral, cognitive, or physical impairment. Your personality might even change. Traumatic brain injuries run the gamut from concussions to comas. Hemorrhaging may also occur.
If you’ve been injured in a Houston car accident, you deserve justice. We are ready and willing to fight for your rights in the courtroom. Reach out now for your free case review.
How Does a Car Accident Claim Work?
Insurance companies will try to weasel their way out of paying you what you’re owed, but a skilled car accident lawyer won’t allow it. Below is the trajectory your car accident claim might take, if you’ve got a good lawyer on your side:
- Evidence Collection and Case Building: Before you file the claim, you want to make sure it’s bulletproof. This involves a time period of collecting evidence, as well as seeing if any injuries you sustained will change over time, for better or worse.
- Filing the Claim: Your lawyer will compile all of the evidence and officially file the claim with the insurance company.
- Dealing with Adjusters: Insurance adjusters exist to make you settle for less. They’ll try to trick you or elicit recorded statements from you that could invalidate your earlier claims. Avoid the adjusters and let your lawyer tango with them.
- Settlement Offers: The insurance company will make you an offer, and while you may find it tempting, rest assured it’s only a fraction of what your lawyer can get for you via our next step…
- Negotiation: Eventually, after some fierce advocacy from your car accident lawyer, an acceptable settlement can be reached. (If not, we go into litigation and duke it out in court.)
- Compensation: Money in your pocket at last! Your lawyer will collect their fee from a fraction of this settlement as well.
What Can I Do if the Insurance Company Denied My Claim?
Insurance companies have a responsibility to cover their policyholders. They must adhere to the contracts they sign. But every day in our line of work as car accident attorneys, we hear tales of insurance companies refusing to pay out, missing deadlines, postponing investigations, or outright denying claims.
Did you know that if your claim is improperly denied, you can sue your insurance company? You can take them to small claims court, but teaming up with a lawyer gives you better chances.
An insurance company might deny your claim because you missed payments and let your policy lapse, or because you neglected to report another accident you were in. Whatever the reason, you still have options. Let our Houston car accident lawyer deal with the insurance companies for you.
Should I Hire a Houston Car Accident Lawyer?
There’s only one way to find out for sure: contact our Houston car accident lawyers for a 100% free, zero-obligation case evaluation.
One car accident can change your life – but so can one victory with us.