Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/sunhart4/public_html/houstoncaraccidentlawyer.co/wp-content/plugins/yuzo-related-post/include/lib/SqlQueryBuilder.php on line 685
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents in Texas?
According to the latest statistics,2 the top five most common causes of bicycle accidents in Texas and across the nation are:
- Driver inattention or distraction: Motorists do not always look for cyclists on the roads. That’s especially true when drivers are not devoting their full attention to the roads because they’re distracted or impaired by alcohol.
- Failure to yield at intersections: About 70% of all bicycle accidents occur at intersections. Often, drivers’ failure to yield to riders contributes to these accidents.
- Alcohol: Alcohol impairment is a factor in about 37% of all bicycle accidents. This can include both drunk driving and rider intoxication.
- Poor road conditions: Anything from potholes to missing signage and broken signals can contribute to poor road conditions. About 13% of all bicycle accidents involve dangerous road conditions.
- Riding at night: With the reduced visibility that comes with night, it can be even more challenging for motorists to see and safely avoid bicyclists. Statistics back that up, as most fatal bicycle accidents happen between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. when the sun sets and reduces visibility.
What Should I Do After a Bicycle Accident?
Take these steps after a bicycle accident to protect yourself, your rights, and your potential accident claim:
- Get out of the way of traffic and check for injuries.
- Call the police and report the accident.
- Get medical attention from emergency responders if you need it.
- Collect name(s), contact information, and vehicle/insurance information from the involved driver(s).
- Take pictures of the accident scene, the injuries, and the damage.
- Collect the name(s) and contact information of any witness(es), when possible.
- Only report the facts of the crash. Never guess, and never admit fault or apologize.
- Seek follow-up medical attention, whenever needed, and follow all doctors’ orders.
- Record the facts of the accident that you remember, and keep everything.
- Contact our Houston bicycle accident lawyers to find out more about your rights and legal options. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
How Do I Determine Fault for My Bicycle Accident?
When you’ve been hurt, the last thing you should have to worry about is proving who hurt you. A Houston bicycle accident lawyer can help you gather, collect, and review all the details and evidence associated with your crash to determine fault. This evidence may include (but is not limited to):
- The police accident report
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
- Cellphone records
- Surveillance camera photos or footage
Our Houston bicycle accident lawyers can help you hold a reckless driver accountable for the harm, suffering, and losses they caused you.
How Much Is My Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
The exact value of a bicycle accident claim depends on the details of that accident. Every accident is unique, but our attorneys can help you calculate this during your free case evaluation. Generally, the amount of compensation available for a bicycle accident case will depend on factors like:
- The nature of the negligence that caused the crash
- How many negligent parties there are
- Insurance coverage
- Severity of the injuries and damage caused by the crash
- A victim’s time missed from work
Our experienced Houston bicycle accident lawyers can help you untangle these details so you’re able to receive fair treatment and substantial compensation.
How Can a Houston Bicycle Accident Attorney Help Me?
When you’ve been hurt in a bicycle accident, an experienced lawyer can make all the difference. If you’re anxious about fees, rest assured – you pay us nothing unless we win your case. We have the skills, experience, and resources to craft the strongest possible bicycle accident claim and set you up for success. We can also:
Provide honest answers and helpful advice
Help you navigate the process and avoid mistakes that may hurt your claim
Fight to get you the highest possible compensation and the best possible outcomes
Stand up for your rights through every step of your claim