Houston UPS truck Accident Lawyers
We all get excited when a package for us arrives, but we don’t always think about how it got there. Homes and businesses across the country depend on UPS delivery trucks to transport their packages. However, as much as we may rely on UPS truck drivers, they aren’t always safe to share the road with.
When a UPS truck accident happens to you, you can turn to our Houston truck accident attorneys for help with:
- Knowing your options
- Protecting your rights
- Seeking the compensation you deserve
If you’re unable to visit our offices for a case evaluation, we can come to your home, the hospital, or any location most convenient for you.
Some error has occured.
What Causes UPS Truck Accidents?
UPS truck accidents, like FedEx truck wrecks, have several causes, from larger blind spots to risky driving (Faster UPS delivery is no excuse for speeding!). Accidents can usually be prevented with proper precaution and training, but when a negligent or reckless UPS driver is behind the wheel, they might be:
- Distracted while driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Making sudden, abrupt stops or backing up in traffic
- Changing lanes or making turns without checking blind spots
- Parking illegally to make a delivery
- And more
But the driver isn’t always the one to blame. A UPS truck accident can also include the negligence of:
- UPS and/or other trucking companies
- Other drivers on the road, including drunk drivers
- Road maintenance and construction crews
- Vehicle equipment manufacturers
- And others
How Do I Know If A UPS Truck Driver Caused My Accident?
Determining if a UPS driver is at least partly at fault for your crash requires a thorough review of the evidence. A Houston truck accident attorney can help compile evidence for you such as:
- The police report
- The damaged vehicles and crash debris
- Accident scene photos and/or videos
- Witness testimonies
- Licenses, training records, and driving records for the UPS driver
- Chemical test results
- Cellphone records
Signs that a UPS driver may be partly to blame for your accident can include the driver:
- Being issued a citation from police after the accident
- Being placed under arrest after the crash
- Smelling of alcohol or behaving erratically
- Directly admitting fault or apologizing
What Do I Do After a UPS Truck Accident?
Protect yourself – and your rights – after a UPS truck crash. Here are the most important steps to take after a truck accident:
- Get to a safe spot away from traffic and check for injuries.
- Call 911 or a non-emergency police number to report the accident. Click here for the Houston Police Department phone directory and station locations.
- Seek medical care as soon as possible, even if you don’t think you’re injured.
- Collect names, contact information, vehicle information, and insurance information from the involved driver(s).
- Take pictures of the accident scene, injuries, and any damage to vehicles or surrounding structures.
- Collect the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Never guess about the facts of the crash when you are speaking to police or insurance companies. Only report the facts that you are 100% sure about. Never admit fault, accept blame, or apologize.
- Keep copies of all receipts and bills for medical treatment, auto repair, and other expenses related to the accident.
- Contact our Houston UPS accident lawyers to find out if you are entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
If you’ve been too badly injured to follow some of these steps, there’s hope: we can come to your home, hospital, or any location convenient for you to discuss your next steps.
Our UPS truck accident lawyers are dedicated to getting you the help you need and deserve, and seeing you make a full recovery – physically and financially.
Don’t worry any longer. Reach out now.
How Long Do UPS Truck Accident Cases Take?
There’s no common answer here. The details and complexity of a particular case will affect how long it takes to resolve. Your best choice is to have the unique specifics of your case assessed by a qualified UPS truck accident attorney.
Other factors affecting how long it takes to resolve a UPS accident case include:
- Liability disputes
- What settlement offers you receive
- Length of medical treatment/recovery
- If the victim wants to see their day in court
How Much Are Settlements for UPS Accident Lawsuits?
Compensation for UPS accident lawsuits depends on the specifics of the particular case. Generally, two main factors that impact the value of a case include (but are not limited to):
- The injuries: Everyone is entitled to compensation for their pain and suffering, but with more severe injuries, we know victims face higher medical bills and more time missed from work. When disfigurement or disability is involved, the settlement amount increases exponentially.
In short: people with more serious injuries typically see higher financial recoveries.
- The nature of the negligence involved: When the negligence is part of a pattern of reckless behavior, or when it’s especially heinous in nature, punitive damages may be applied to the UPS truck accident case. These damages are meant to punish the negligent driver. As a result, their victims may secure more compensation.
A professional assessment of the value of your case is important. Our UPS truck accident attorneys are here for you. We will consider all of the past, present, and future expenses related to your accident and discuss how we can help you move forward.
You don’t know what you’re owed, but it’s our job to!
We will fight to help you get what you deserve.
Does My Accident Justify Hiring a Houston Truck Accident Lawyer?
There’s only one way to find out for sure—contact a 5-star Houston truck accident attorney at our law firm for a 100% free, zero-obligation case evaluation.
One truck accident can change your life. So can one victory with us.
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION